With the introduction of a federal corporate tax (CT) in the UAE that will be effective for financial years starting on or after 1st June 2023, our team are here to help prepare businesses of every size in this increasingly complex tax environment. Our specialists work in supporting small and medium-sized businesses through to large corporates on a wide range of Tax Issues. This is an exciting time to be at the forefront of Tax in the UAE.
As a Manager in the tax team you will assist in proactively growing the tax practice and provide a specialist and comprehensive advisory services to all business clients to minimise their tax liabilities and compliance issues, and to identify international tax opportunities.
This is an excellent opportunity for an ambitious and driven professional to progress within our firm.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- You’ll be responsible for a number of client relationships, supporting them on a variety of Tax compliance and Tax advisory matters. You will be their principle point of contact, working closely with them to understand business developments, ensuring they are up to date with their compliance obligations and legislative changes, helping them assess the impact for them and keeping abreast of opportunities
- Responsible for negotiating fees and the timely billing of fees for work completed on your client portfolio
- Reviewing tax returns and computations and ensuring the efficient and risk managed delivery of corporation tax compliance services
- Provisioning of tax disclosures and/or tax audit of disclosures liaising closely with the audit team
- Good understanding on OECD BEPS inclusive framework and Pillar 1 and 2
- Responsible for the delivery of the corporation tax content of projects and managing input from other tax colleagues, assessing that input and ensuring inter dependencies across taxes are considered. This will often involve international tax content and require regular working with our extensive network of international member firms
- Manage the delivery of tax due diligence assignments, supporting our lead advisory team on transactions both buy and sell side.
- Responsible for complying with all internal risk management procedures
- Demonstrate an ability to analyse and interpret data, identifying business issues and applying technical knowledge appropriately
- You’ll write high quality, professional tax reports, ready for review by the tax partner
- Lead, manage, motivate and coach other members of the team, working with a great team of like-minded colleagues all focused on supporting each other to perform at their best.
- Building client relationships and identifying growth opportunities in our clients
Education, experience and qualifications:
- You’ll be professionally qualified (ACCA/ CPA/ CTA)
- Technically strong, with experience of advising clients on complex tax-related issues
- Proven track record of leading engagements and an awareness of how to open up new business opportunities
- Demonstrate exceptional leadership and coaching skills to develop teams and add true value within the department.